MCS Trucking History
- Motor Carrier Service, Inc. was started as a family owned business in the mid 1970's by Harold and Louis Tuttle. Many Carriers and small fleets failed to survive deregulation and terrible business conditions of the early 80's, but MCS bucked the trend.
- In 1986, MCS applied for and was granted Interstate Operating Authority from The Interstate Commerce Commission. With our own Operating Authority, MCS was able to maintain profitability and hire the key personnel necessary to fuel continued growth. Many of those key personnel are still with MCS today.
- In 1991, MCS was granted Property Brokerage Authority which allowed the company to offer a full menu of services for truckload shippers. Motor Carrier Service Logistics has since been incorporated to service the brokerage component of the business.
- In 1992, MCS moved to its present location in Northwood, Ohio, a suburb just east of Toledo. Our location is strategically centered in the heart of the "Crossroads Of America" with close proximity to Interstate 80/90 (east and west) and Interstate 75 (north and south). Our facility includes an 11,000 square foot equipment maintenance garage, a 10,000 square foot warehouse and ample truck and trailer parking.
- In 2014, MCS’ ownership changed which has had a very positive effect on many aspects of the entire operation. John Fritzius was promoted to COO.
Why Work With MCS?